Thursday, May 6, 2010

Brownie Bites with fluffy peanut butter frosting

One word... HEAVEN! First of all, I LOVE brownies. Probably my choice of desert. But.. I also HATE IT when people call a cake a brownie.. brownies are CHEWY not cake! Anyways, these are super simple and actually just made from a box of brownie mix. The frosting though.. HEAVENLY! I had a bit left over and well.. I was sucking the left overs out of my icing bag, but don't tell. ;) I got this recipe from the same place as the cheddar biscuits. You might see alot from her blog on mine.
HMP_7317
Brownie Bites with fluffly peanut butter frosting
from The Girl Who Ate Everything

Brownie Bites
1 boxed brownie mix (I think chocolate cupcakes would be yummy too)
1 cup Reeses Peanut Butter chips (optional)

Peanut Butter Frosting
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup creamy peanut butter
3 tablespoons milk, or as needed
2 cups confectioners' sugar

Make brownie mix according to package directions. Add peanut butter chips if desired. Pour into paper lined mini muffin pans filling each cup about 3/4 full. Bake 14-18 minutes at 350 degrees or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool.

Place the butter and peanut butter into a medium bowl, and beat with an electric mixer. Gradually mix in the sugar, and when it starts to get thick, incorporate milk one tablespoon at a time until all of the sugar is mixed in and the frosting is thick and spreadable. Beat for at least 3 minutes for it to get good and fluffy. Frost brownie bites with frosting. Pipe the frosting with a star tip if you are feeling fancy!

1 comment:

Amy B. said...

Peanut butter's the best! I've loved it since I was a kid, :-) Thanks for this, it reminds me of my kiddie times, hehe