Monday, May 3, 2010

Wow it's been a while...

Sorry! I haven't really had the desire to cook and post about it lately. Usually by the time I get dinner ready I am exhausted. Just come and see all the dishes that still need done. :) Anyways, I was so excited when I found this recipe for cheddar bay biscuits on The Girl who ate everything. They are suppose to taste just like the ones at Red Lobster. Now, I actually am not a HUGE fan of fish.. but my husband is. One time he dragged me there against my will.. and I tried these guys. OH MAN! I am somewhat willing to go with him now because of these babies. So yummy! It's been a while since I've been to red lobster.. but these were awesome and SUPER easy! I think they will be made often in our house. I would suggest using the heart healthy bisquick as the normal stuff is loaded with trans fat.

cheddarbiscuts
Cheddar Bay Biscuits

Biscuits:
2 1/2 cups Bisquick
4 Tbsp cold butter
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
3/4 cup milk
1/4 tsp garlic powder

Butter Glaze:
3 Tbsp butter
1/2 tsp garlic powder
3/4 tsp dried parsley flakes

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease or line one cookie sheet with parchment; set aside.

Combine Bisquick with cold butter in a medium bowl using a pastry cutter (I just used 2 forks). Don't worry about mixing too thoroughly; there will be small chunks of butter in the mix about the size of peas. Add cheddar cheese, milk, and garlic powder. Mix by hand until combined, but don't over mix.

Drop 1/4 cup portions of the dough onto the lightly greased or parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake for 13-15 minutes in preheated oven until the tops of the biscuits begin to turn light brown.

While the biscuits are baking, melt butter is a small bowl in the microwave. Stir in garlic powder and dried parsley flakes. Use a brush to spread the garlic butter over the tops of all the biscuits. Sprinkle a little kosher salt on the freshly coated biscuits. Makes one dozen.

Check out her blog The Girl who ate everything. Let's just say, you might see several of her recipes on my blog in the future!

No comments: