Saturday, October 17, 2009

Salisbury Steak and Garlic red potatoes

I'm not much of a person who likes a lump of hamburger. Sure I love hamburgers but when they are on buns.. and meatloaf.. we won't even go there.. Anyways, my mom made these once when we were at her house and I wasn't excited to eat it, but I didn't want to be rude. So, I ate it anyway. Let me tell you.. AWESOME! I love these little babies. Infact, I wanted more. Now I've got the recipe and plan on making it often. It's quite simple too! Whole family raves over these little guys. Of course they may not look like a million bucks, but most comfort foods don't. I also tried this recipe for red potatoes last night. My hubby is not a big potato kind of guy, but I thought he might like this recipe that has a hint of lemon to it, and he did! Both will be added to our dinner rotation. This would also go great with home-made mac and cheese! Enjoy!

HMP_4571
Salisbury Steak
1 1/2 pounds hamburger
1/4 cup catalina dressing
1/4 tsp celery salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste

Mix and shape into patties. Cook in a baking dish at 400 for 10-15 minutes(depending on the thickness of your patties). They will not be done at this point. While that is cooking mix together, set aside.

1 envelope brown gravy mix
1 small onion thinly sliced (I didn't have an onion on hand so I just used the dehydrated)
1 cup water

When the timer goes off, pour the above mixture over patties. cover and cook 10-15 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness. YUM!

Garlic Red Potatoes
taken from allrecipes.com

2 pounds red potatoes, cut into bite sized cubes
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 teaspoon salt
1 lemon, juiced
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 400.
Place potatoes in an 8x8 inch baking dish. In a small bowl combine melted butter, garlic, salt and lemon juice; pour over potatoes and stir to coat. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over potatoes. Bake, covered, in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes, or until golden brown.

No comments: