Monday, October 12, 2009

Lemon Pepper Chicken Pasta

I have shared this recipe on my family blog before. But not with a photo and I just figured I would share it here. It is very popular in my little family. My hubby usually requests it for his birthday meal! My two year old loves it as well. My old boss made something similar to this one day for lunch and I just kind of made up my own version of it. And if you are on a diet, this recipe is not for you! :) I don't have specific measurements since I just kind of throw everything together but I will do my best!

HMP_4561
Lemon Pepper Chicken Pasta
2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1 pint grape tomatoes halved(also great if you have them in the garden. and cherry tomatoes work well too, just cut them into 4s if they are big)
Spaghetti noodles (as much as you need for your family)
Cooked Asparagus (or any green veggie your family likes, asparagus isn't cheap so I used broccoli this time.)
Lemon Pepper seasoning
Garlic Powder
Poultry seasoning
Season Salt
Right now you are probably thinking.. what is so unhealthy about this recipe? Well...
Here's the bad part...
1 stick of butter melted (this is what I use for about 5 adults, so you can do less)
fresh grated Paremsan cheese

Season chicken with just the poultry seasoning and season salt to taste. Stick it in the oven covered loosely with foil and bake at 375 for 30-45 mins. (depends on the size of the chicken)While that is cooking, get your water boiling for your Spaghetti and slice the tomatoes in half. When the chicken is done let it cool for a while. Then cube it and put it in a deep bowl. Sprinkle in the Lemon Pepper seasoning. Then shake the bowl to coat all of the pieces. You will probably want to add bits of lemon pepper at a time and shake it up several times. I just keep doing that until I can see that all of the chicken is coated with the seasoning.. Just don't under do it! (this is alot of the flavor in the dish) hehe. Set that aside. Cook up your Asparagus or whatever type of green veggie your family loves. Add garlic powder to your stick of melted butter.. Just go crazy! I love LOTS of garlic! (sorry I don't know how much I never measure it) After draining the spaghetti put it back in the pan and add chicken, tomatoes, aspargus, butter sauce and heat on low until all heated(maybe 5 mins or less). Toss and sprinkle with fresh paremsan cheese.

Thats it.. I hope that makes sense.. I just kind of typed it up.

Just some tips:
  • I usually cook up double the chicken. Then after I cut it and season it with lemon pepper, I freeze the extra for next time. Just pull it out to thaw in the fridge the day before you plan to make it and warm it up when you toss it together.
  • If you don't want to add a green veggie... just sprinkle in some dried parsley to give it some color!

1 comment:

NMOS said...

This sounds like a delicious and low-budget meal. One simple pasta dish I usually like to make is the plain noodles and add olive oil, freshly chopped garlic, freshly chopped parsley, parmesan, salt, and pepper. Easy and delicious.