Friday, March 13, 2009

Update: Winger's Sauce and Chicken rice bowl

Ok, as I said in my last post I made extra sauce because I was going to make a rice bowl with the left overs. Well, it wasn't the best idea.. Not that it didn't taste good because it did. But when I reheated the sauce it broke down and was probably as thin as water. It still tasted most excellent but if you want to make a rice bowl using this sauce, I would recommend you make the sauce as you are making the stir fry. I haven't tried it that way yet but it should hold up just fine. This meal came together sooo quickly. The thing that took the longest was cutting everything up and you could do that ahead of time if you needed to. You can add any veggie you like to it really.. Anyways here is what I did.

wingerschickenricebowl
Chicken rice bowl with Wingers sauce

1 tsp oil
1 lb boneless chicken breasts cut into 1-1/2 inch cubes
1-2 carrots chopped ( I would have rather shredded here.. doesn't take as long to cook)
1-2 cups broccoli florets
1 medium zucchini cubed
Wingers sauce (click the link if you need the recipe)
Hot rice

In a large skillet heat up oil. Add chicken and saute until no longer pink. Add in veggies and continue to stir fry until all veggies are tender. (I added in at different times.. I added carrots first because I knew they would take the longest to cook since I just chopped them, saute for a few minutes then I added the broccoli and sauted a few mintues more.. I added the zucchini last because it takes the shortest amount of time to cook.) After all the veggies become tender stir in wingers sauce and toss to coat. Serve over hot white rice.

Talk about YUMMY and pretty healthy too! You can go crazy with your veggies.. I wish I would have had more but I just used what I had in my fridge.

Next up from me: Herbed Chicken and Tomatoes.. and OH MAN is it SOOO EASY and tasty too!

P.S. We always LOVE to hear from you! We would like to know if you tried any of the recipes we have posted here and what you think! Leave us some comments if you are out there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love rice bowls. Love the blog too!

Anonymous said...

I love Rice Bowls! Have you ever tried Winger's Stir Fry Rice Bowl? It has grilled chicken or sticky fingers, coconut rice, rice noodles, veggies, and their Island Teriyaki Sauce. I love it and wish I knew how they fixed it.