Thursday, August 6, 2009

Calzones

Oh how I love Calzones. There is this little restaurant on 25th st in Ogden that has the best ever! I was craving one of theirs when I decided to give it a try. I found this recipe on allrecipes.com. It was pretty good but nothing like the Ogden restaurant. I asked my friend for her recipe and plan on trying hers soon. But for now, this one will do. It was pretty easy because you just use the refrigerated pizza dough.

calzone
Calzone (I halfed it)
  • 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tablespoons dried Italian seasoning
  • 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry(I used fresh, chopped up)
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 cans refrigerated pizza dough

  • Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
  • In a large bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese, eggs, Italian seasoning, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese and spinach. Set aside.
  • Divide the pizza dough into 8 pieces and roll each piece out to about an 8 inch circle. Spoon about 1/2 cup of the ricotta filling onto each circle, fold over and seal the edges. Place onto a greased cookie sheet.
  • Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until nicely browned on the tops and bottoms.

1 comment:

Stueller said...

I love that Italian restaurant on 25th street... their spinach calzones are so so yummy!