Friday, July 31, 2009

Parmesan Chicken

This is another recipe from my aunt Tiffini. She is such an awesome cook. Anyway this isn't your typical Parmesan Chicken. I've made a few recipes similar to this one but they involved mayo, I really like the idea of yogurt instead. Definitely healthier! I think it would taste good if you went the spaghetti sauce route too. The chicken was very flavorful and very tender and juicy. We will definitely be making this often at our house!

parmchicken

Parmesan Chicken

2 cups crushed Ritz crackers

3 T grated Parmesan cheese

2 tsp garlic salt

8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts ( I never use this many for my family)

1 cup plain yogurt

1/4 cup butter, melted

Combine cracker crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and garlic salt. Dip each piece of chicken in yogurt to coat and then in crumb mixture. Arrange in greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Drizzle with melted butter. Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes. Top with Sour Cream chicken sauce.

Sour cream chicken sauce

2 cans cream of chicken soup

1 cup sour cream

I usually just half this sauce. In a small saucepan heat soup and sour cream together over low heat, stirring frequently.

No comments: