Monday, June 29, 2009

Ranch House Crock Pot Pork Chops with Parmesan Mashed Potatoes

Well, I have another favorite food blog to add to my list. Picky Palate. Everything I have tried is just awesome!!! The author has been on a few food network competitions, one of which I watched. Anyways, she had this recipe and it looked so easy and so delish! I just had to give it a try and it was fabulous!!! I just love crock pot meals that only have a few ingredients. You could use your potato pearls for the mashed potatoes. I used fresh potatoes though and oh yes, it was yummy!

ranchhouseporkchops
Ranch House Crock Pot Pork Chops with Parmesan Mashed Potatoes
from Picky Palate

6 pork chops, 1/2 inch thick
1 packet dry Ranch Dressing Seasoning
10 oz can Cream of Chicken Soup

4 lbs peeled, cubed potatoes
5 Tablespoons real butter
1 Cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
6 cloves roasted garlic (I forgot to roast my garlic, :( so I just used garlic powder)
1- 1 1/2 Cups warm milk
1 Tablespoon salt, or to taste
1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper, or to taste

1. Place pork chops, Ranch seasoning and soup into a medium sized crock pot over high heat for 4 hours or low heat for 6 hours.

2. Place potatoes into a large pot of cold water. Place onto stovetop over high heat and bring to a boil. Once water is boiling, cook for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender. Drain and transfer to the work bowl of a stand or electric mixer. Mix on low until potatoes are mashed then add butter, parmesan, garlic, milk, salt and pepper. Season to taste if needed. For thinner mashed potatoes add more milk, slowly until your desired consitency.

3. Scoop mashed potatoes onto serving plates and top with pork chops and soup gravy from crock pot. Enjoy!

No comments: