Monday, June 1, 2009

Fall apart, melt in your mouth - roast

I make this roast often. In fact, my husband would eat this everyday if I would let him.. but we usually have it every Sunday. He told me last night I make "the best roast ever". So, I thought I would share the recipe with you. I like to buy a cross rib roast, from my experience it always turns out soo tender. It's on sale right now at Smith's for 1.99/lb.. which is very good. I usually buy large roasts so I can use the left overs for other meals during the week, which I will share here as well.. after I make them this week. :) Another thing I like about this roast, it makes it's own gravy. I don't like gravy, but my husband does.. so I don't have to make a batch of gravy just for him, it's already done for me! Anyway here is my recipe for Sunday roast.

roast
Sunday Roast

2-3 lb cross rib roast
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 envelope dry onion soup mix
3 tablespoons A1 steak sauce
1 table spoon Worcestershire sauce

Place roast in a crock pot and top with remaining ingredients. Cook on low for 8 hours or until it falls apart. Skim fat from the liquid in the crockpot and use the liquid for gravy.

Up next: Beef enchiladas with home-made sauce (using the left over beef)

No comments: