Sunday, April 12, 2009

Fajita Night but really... Spanish Rice

I have to apologize for not posting in so long. Our family is in the process of purchasing our first home and things have been a little busy. As soon as we are offically moved in and settled, I will be back to posting at least one or more times a week. But until then, it might be a little far and in between. Bear with me folks.

Fajitas are one of our favorite things. We have them probably about every 2 weeks or less. I love that they are so easy and healthy too. I have found this marinade that I love to use for the chicken and it's very yummy. I need to try out a homemade recipe though. I have one in mind. I just had some of the bottled marinade that I needed to use up. So, I will post a homemade fajita marinade recipe, if I find one I like. Anyways I am actually posting a recipe for Spanish Rice. My aunt(who is an excellent cook) made this a few weeks ago when we all got together for General Conference. I thought it was soo yummy, yet so simple. Even better.. I have everything in my storage supplies but the butter. I love that this spanish rice isn't spicey, so it's great to pair up with a spicy mexican dish to help cool down the tounge, if you know what I mean. :)
HMP_9166
Spanish Rice

2 Cups rice, uncooked
1/2 cube butter
8 oz can tomato sauce
3 cups chicken broth (2 cans)
garlic powder
salt and pepper

Brown rice in butter in a large saucepan. Add tomato sauce, chicken broth and spices(to taste). Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer for 15-20 mins.

Note: I added a little dried parsley for some color.

1 comment:

Tiffini said...

Hey, the photograph of this delicious meal is beautiful. You are such a great photographer.