Friday, April 17, 2009

BBQ Chicken Pizza with Fresh Pineapple

Can we say YUM? Ok So I love California pizza kitchen and I LOVE their bbq chicken pizza but I always felt like it was lacking something.. So last time I went there I asked them to add pineapple to it. It was HEAVEN!! I didn't know until after I got the pizza that they only used fresh pineapple and oh my goodness, I think it made it even better. Anyways, I was craving it again and I don't live any where near a CPK -- Yet. So I decided to try it out for myself. I usually use Rhodes frozen bread dough for the crust because it's easy.. but about 95% of the time I forget to pull it out earlier on in the day. So, I decided to try this quick recipe for the crust from of course.. my kitchen cafe. I knew she would have something on there and she did. It was pretty tasty too. And not hard to make at all, I will definately be using that recipe for the crust more often. Oh and if you like onions feel free to add them.. I'm just not a fan. :)

bbqchickenpizza
BBQ Chicken Pizza with Fresh Pineapple

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into small cubes
2 TBSP BBQ sauce (I'm a fan of bulls eye)
1 TBPS oil
1/2 cup BBQ sauce
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1/4-1/2 tsp basil (to taste)
1/4-1/2 tsp oregano (to taste)
1/4-1/2 tsp garlic salt (to taste)
Fresh cilantro
Fresh pineapple cut into small chunks or you could use a can of tidbits
Mozerella cheese
Prepared un-baked pizza crust

Mix the chicken with 2 TBSP BBQ sauce until coated. Heat up oil in a frying pan. Saute chicken until no longer pink; set aside. In a blender or food prosessor combine 1/2 c BBQ sauce with tomato sauce, basil, oregano, garlic salt and a handful of fresh cilantro. Pulse until combined. Roll out your pizza dough onto desired pan. Top with bbq sauce mixture, chicken, pineapple and cheese. Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted. Top with more fresh chopped cilantro if desired. YUM!

Fast and Easy Pizza Dough
From My Kitchen Cafe

3 cups flour, more or less
1 tablespoon honey, heaping
1 tablespoon oil, heaping
1 cup warm water
1 tablespoon yeast
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt

Mix all pizza dough ingredients together, except the flour. Add flour and knead for a bit then put into pan.

No comments: