Saturday, March 7, 2009

Brown Butter Tortellini with Spinach and Ham

I just recently bought a Pampered Chef cookbook and decided to try out this recipe first. The photo in the book just looked sooo yummy! I thought it was a pretty good dish, but it needed something. So I added a bit of Kosher Salt and pepper, that kicked it up just a bit. My dad told me I could make this again, and he is always hard to please! The recipe calls for the refrigerated cheese tortellini.. I bought my supplies at our Walmart and it was no where to be found. They must have been in the process of moving it from it's original home near the deli because when I went back a few days later it was by the hot dogs. After I couldn't find it in it's normal spot, I looked EVERYWHERE. So, I opted for the frozen kind, which I'm not sure there is all that much of a difference. And it only cost me 2.99 for a bag and it was still tasty! Here is the recipe, enjoy!

brownbuttertortelini
Brown Butter Tortellini with Spinach and Ham
Slightly adapted from Pampered Chef's 29 minutes to dinner cookbook.

1 pkg (20 oz) refrigerated cheese tortellini
1 pkg (6 oz) fresh baby spinach leaves
1 (8 oz) piece cooked ham steak, diced (you could easily sub chicken here)
1 large red bell pepper, diced
1/4 cup butter (DO NOT USE MARGARINE!!!!)
Kosher Salt
Pepper

Cook tortellini according to package directions. As tortellini is cooking place spinach in the bottom of a large colander. Drain tortellini over spinach. Add butter to a large skillet, heat over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until butter is a deep brown color, occasionally swirling skillet. Immediately add bell pepper. Reduce heat to low; add ham, tortellini and spinach. Gently toss to coat. Season with kosher salt and black pepper to taste. -6 servings

Next up from me: Wingers Sticky Fingers with TASTES JUST LIKE THE REAL THING HOMEMADE SAUCE!!!!!!! YUMMY!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a yummy quick dinner. I'm finding myself cooking with ham more than other meats these days; it's just so delicious. You can always count on spinach being delicious when paired with any pasta dish!