Thursday, February 12, 2009

A Treat - Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies

I know this blog is for dinners but what is dinner without the occasional desert? Well, I wouldn't know.. I don't make sweets too often anymore because my hubby will rarely eat them. Sad, I know! I usually just go for a pint of Ben and Jerry's Phish Food(best flavor ever) and call it good. I do love to bake though and my toddler loves to help! So, after my husbands grandma told me about these cookies I thought I would give them a try. Afterall, I do love chocolate and marshmallow together. I think they are pretty good, but they sparked an idea that I am going to be trying out and if it's good I will post it later. They are pretty chocolatey so I would have a glass of milk close by. :)
chocolatemarshmallowcookies

Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies

1 3/4 c flour
1/2 tsp soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 c cocoa
1/2 c shortening
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 c milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 c nuts(I'm not a fan of nuts.. So I didn't use them)
Marshmallows
Chocolate frosting(I was lazy and just bought some)

Cream shortening sugar and eggs. Add dry ingredients and milk alternately. Add vanilla and nuts. Drop teaspoon full of dough onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 9 min. Take out of the oven and press 1/2 of a marshmallow into cookie. Return to oven and cook an additional 2 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for a minute on the baking sheet, then remove to wire rack. Let cool a little bit more and frost with chocolate frosting. This is a little tricky.. I put some of the frosting in the middle of the marshmallow and gently worked my way out to the edge of the cookie. Enjoy!

Next up from me : Baked Spaghetti

No comments: