Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Broccoli Beef

Greetings from Heber City! hehe. I'm just visiting here with my hubby at his grandma's for the week. Such a beautiful town! I love it! Anyways, I wanted to post my recipe for Broccoli Beef because I just LOVE it! It is often requested at our house and isn't very hard to make. I won't be including a picture... yet. I promise that I will add one as soon as I get home, which will probably be on Saturday. I will be making it for dinner that night. If you are too scared to try it out without a photo, just wait until then.. but I promise if you like broccoli beef you will love it! We all do! A little note.. The recipe calls for 1 3/4 cup beef broth. What I do is buy the beef granules (found near the bullion cubes) and make the exact amount that I need. That way I'm not throwing any out or keeping any in the fridge to probably just be thrown out because it was forgotten. It's really easy to make, you just add the granules to the amount of boiling water that you need. (it tells you on the container how man tsp to add per cup.) Just make sure you do that first so it has time to cool down before you add the other ingredients for the sauce.
HMP_7625
Broccoli Beef

2 TBSP cornstarch
1 3/4 cup beef broth
2 TBSP soy sauce
1 TBSP brown sugar
1 clove fresh garlic, minced
1 lb boneless sirlion steak or top beef round steak cut into thin strips (I actually used 1 ranch steak that was .75 lbs for 2.99 and it fed 5 adults and my toddler, it was tender!)
4 cups fresh broccoli (you could use frozen.. but why? hehe)

In a medium size bowl stir together cornstarch, beef broth, soy sauce and brown sugar; set aside. (if you are making your own broth this can wait a minute until your broth has cooled a bit). In a large nonstick skillet fry beef over med-high heat until cooked and drain off any fat. Add in the garlic and continue to saute. Add broccoli and saute for an additional minute. Add your sauce and cook and stir until the sauce thickens. Great served over hot white rice!

Another note.. We like things saucy around here, so I usually double the sauce. Enjoy!

No comments: