Thursday, February 17, 2011

Chicken Scampi

Now that it's actually somewhat light while we are eating dinner, I'm going to try and be better at posting new recipes! This is another great recipe from my Aunt Tiffini. It sounded like something good and different.. and it sure was both! Loved it! The first time I made it I used the homemade chili sauce.. not sure who makes it, but I didn't really like it. The 2nd time I used Heinz chili sauce and it was a winner!! YUM! I now make this often. It comes together so quickly. Perfect for a busy night.

chickenscampi
Chicken Scampi

8 cloves crushed garlic
1 T dried oregano
1 T dried parsley
4 T lemon juice
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1 c olive oil
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup chili sauce
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces

Combine together in greased 9x11 inch pan. Bake at 450 for 12-15 mins uncovered or until chicken is done. Serve over cooked angel hair pasta with Parmesan cheese on top.

No comments: