Saturday, July 18, 2009

Teriyaki Sandwiches

This was super easy and supper cheap to make. My hubby and I loved them. I was a little worried as I scooped the meat out of the crockpot because it looked a little dry, but it wasn't at all. It wasn't tough either. We were also both a little worried about the lack of cheese, but went for it anyway and it was awesome! I will definitely be making this often! (Sorry my picture is so awful.. I was so hungry I just snapped it.)

teriyakisandwiches
Teriyaki Sandwiches
adapted from taste of home

2 lbs boneless chuck steak (I didnt actually look at the pounds I bought but I only paid 2.17 for 4 small steaks.. PLENTY)
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 garlic clove, minced
4 teaspoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons pineapple juice
French rolls, split
butter
1 can pineapple slices

Cut steak into thin bite-size slices. In a slow cooker, combine the soy sauce, sugar, ginger and garlic. Add steak. Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or until meat is tender.

Remove meat with a slotted spoon; set aside. Carefully pour liquid into a 2-cup measuring cup; skim fat. Add water to liquid to measure 1 1/2 cups. Pour into large saucepan. Combine cornstarch and pineapple juice until smooth; add to pan. Cook and stir until thick and bubbly, about 2 minutes. Add meat and heat through.

Brush rolls with butter; broil 4-5 inches from the heat for 2-3 mintues or until lightly toasted. Fill with meat and top with pineapple slices.

No comments: