Monday, February 16, 2009

Baked Spaghetti

While Spaghetti is a very cheap meal.. it can get a little boring. In fact I'm sick of just plain old Spaghetti with hamburger and sauce. But this recipe knocks my socks off. It is cooked and then baked in the oven with this creamy cheesy layer in the middle. It's so yummy. This recipe makes enough for 2 9x13 pans. I always make both and freeze one for another day. But if you don't want to do that, you can just half the recipe. I wish my picture showed the middle layer because it's just yummy! I rarely have left overs with this one and when I do, everyone fights over who gets it for lunch the next day. It's pretty easy to make too! Enjoy!

bakedspaghetti
Baked Spaghetti
16 oz pkg spaghetti noodles cooked (I usually use a little bit more noodles.)
2 24 oz jars spaghetti sauce
2 lbs ground beef browned
4 T butter
4 T all-purpose flour
4 T grated parmesan cheese
2 t salt
1/2 t garlic
12 oz can evaporated milk
3 c cheddar cheese shredded and divided

Combine spaghetti noodles, spaghetti sauce and ground beef together; set aside. In a saucepan, over medium heat, melt butter; add flour, parmesan cheese, salt and garlic. Stir constantly over heat until smooth and bubbly. Add evaporated milk and one cup cheddar cheese; stir until thoroughly melted. Pour 1/4 of the spaghetti noodle mixture into each 9x13 casserole dish and pour 1/2 cheese mixture over top in each pan. Pour remaining nood mixture into casserole dishes; top with remaining cheddar cheese. Bake at 350 for 25 to 30 mins.

No comments: